Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy Anniversary Liana & Josh

We have the most amazing couples and families we get to work with.  It is so much fun looking back at some of the incredible celebrations we have been thrilled to be a part of.

Liana and Josh's beautiful wedding took place at Cielo at Castle Pines in Castle Rock, ColoradoDesign Works did an incredible job creating the magical ceremony backdrop for the "I Do's" and an elegant room for the reception. The wedding was full of personal touches from a picture of Liana's grandparents adorning her bouquet, to a groomsmen cake designed to look like a Play Station controller. And their wedding cake...wow, one of the most breathtaking cakes we have seen (both cakes by Elegant Bakery).

Such a lovely wedding.  Happy Anniversary Liana and Josh!
From the bride…..

Every girl, especially those who are in a long-term relationship, always imagines how their man is going to propose one day. I was no exception. In 2010 Josh and I had been together for five and a half years and had quite a challenging year as we were separated for eight months. Josh joined the Air Force and had to go through months and months of training and I decided to study abroad in New Zealand. The distance and lack of communication took a tremendous toll on both us, but it also made us both realize we simply couldn’t live without each other. In September 2010, I had a break from my classes and Josh had a break from training in California. Miraculously our breaks overlapped. I flew over 7,000 miles to see him and spend two weeks together, the longest we’d been together in five months. During our last week together, Josh kept bugging me to go get my nails done (why would a man care, right?) and finally the morning of September 5th I went and got a manicure. Good thing I did because later that day Josh took me to the Botanical Gardens and proposed! It was a moment that exceeded everything I imagined.

I was still finishing up college, so we decided to have a long engagement and wait until I was finished with school. We were engaged three days shy of two years. September 2, 2012 was absolutely the most amazing day of my life. We had our ceremony and reception at the phenomenal Cielo at Castle Pines in Castle Rock, Colorado. The weather was gorgeous except for a small storm that wiggled its way in at the end of cocktail hour (but our photographers, Revert Imaging, and videographers, Rising Moon Films, got some super cute shots of us running in from the rain with Josh holding his tuxedo jacket over me). Josh and I took dance lessons and we chose a nontraditional song, Breathe by Angels and Airwaves, for our first dance. My dad and I took dance lessons as well and began with a traditional waltz to The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. But we had a little trick up our sleeve; just as our guests thought our heartfelt dance was over the music switched to Bamboleo by the Gypsy Kings (a song that my dad and I always danced to when I was a child) where we did a fun salsa number. Seeing and hearing our guest’s reactions were great!

After an amazing dinner (by Epicurean Catering), touching speeches, and cutting the cake, Josh and I, along with our 170 guests, had a blast dancing the night away thanks to awesome music provided by DJ Manos. We felt so much love that day. We had guests fly in from all over the country (California, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan, Washington, and Texas) and I even had family that flew in from Australia to attend our special day! However, our big day would not have been possible without the exceptional help and knowledge from our incredible wedding planner Kathy Vaughan from A Beautiful Memory. We hired her in January 2011 and she helped us with nearly everything and boy, am I glad we had her! Our design team at Design Works also deserves extraordinary credit for spending hours and hours putting together our ceremony and reception. And last but not least I want to extend a huge thank you to my parents, Betty and John, who truly made this day possible.
  
Josh and I honeymooned in Montego Bay, Jamaica and had a wonderful time relaxing, swimming in the warm ocean, getting our tan on, and enjoying our first days together as man and wife. We have been together for over eight years now and it feels amazing to finally be married to my best friend, my soul mate.
 
FULL WEDDING GALLERY

Ceremony & Reception Site – Cielo at Castle Pines - Cakes – Elegant Bakery- Caterer – Epicurean Catering - Décor – Design Works - Ceremony & Cocktail Music – A Touch of Class - DJ – Starkey Productions - Photographer – Revert Photo - Videographer – Rising Moon Films - Photo Booth – A Custom Look Photography - Wedding Dress – Bea’s Bridal Nook - Bridesmaid Dresses – D’Annali Bridal - Tux Rental – Men’s Wearhouse - Invitations – Signed & Sealed by Steph - Hair & Make-up – Beauty on Location by Liz - Rentals – Event Rents - Ceremony Sound – LMD Productions - Transportation – Royal Ambassadors